Sync failure after plate solve

Discussion of using SharpCap for Deep Sky Imaging
Astropix62

Sync failure after plate solve

Post by Astropix62 »

I've been having difficulty with the purported sync after plate solve function. I am using a Celestron AVX mount together with Stellarium and Stellariumscope to get all the devices trying to communicate with the mount to play nicely together. Stellarium can read the mount RA/DEC values and can slew the mount correctly.

I've installed Astrotortilla and I can run the plate solve utility in Sharpcap and it does successfully resolve the plate and gives me the RA/DEC values for the current screen capture. What it does not do is slew the mount. I have selected the 'Celestron telescope driver' in the hardware tab and Sharcap does prompt that the amount is already connected (by virtue of Stellariumscope) if I try and open the properties tab.

I've also tried do this without Stellarium and then select COM6 in the Celestron set-up dialogue box under properties to see if that makes a difference but it does not. I can't seem to get Sharpcap to slew the AVX mount no matter what I do.

I'm sure that I'm doing something stupid but whatever it is, it has thus far evaded me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sync failure after plate solve

Post by admin »

Hi,

the first 'check the plug' thing is to make sure you are using the plate solve button on the mount controls which does a sync and re-goto as opposed to the menu item which just solves and shows the results.

If you are using the mount control plate solve button then the next thing would be to post a log showing your plate solve attempt. We might then ask @turfpit if he could test as he has an AVX mount too.

cheers,

Robin
Astropix62

Post by Astropix62 »

Hi Robin-

I'm not certain what you're referring to when you say "plate solve button on the mount controls". Can you elaborate?

Thanks,

Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you can see it here - bottom left of the direction controls group.

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#Mount%20Control

Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Robin

Bottom left button not mentioned in 2.09 doc. Have captured that for my notes.

Dave