Camera recognition

Discussions of using SharpCap for Solar or Lunar Imaging
CSW

Camera recognition

Post by CSW »

I am a newcomer to Sharpcap. I have one or two ccd cameras. The only one which is recognised is my Hypercam 183c. My DMK and Zwo asi 120mm do not appear in the camera section when I start the programme. Is their something basic I am not doing? Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
CSW
Last edited by CSW on Mon May 25, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camera recognition

Post by admin »

Hi,

The ZWO camera should definitely work – the first thing I would suggest is checking that you have the latest version of the ZWO drivers installed. If you had the camera quite a while and installed the software for it a few years back then you might have an old version that doesn't work with the latest versions of SharpCap.

Is the DMH camera an Imaging Source model? If so I would also suggest a driver update might help there - you can find their latest drivers from this page. https://www.theimagingsource.com/suppor ... r-windows/

Cheers, Robin
CSW

Post by CSW »

Hi and thank you. My Zwo was purchased just a few months ago but ill see if I need to update anything. The DMK was a secondhand one I was given so is probably quite old. Again thanks, I'll check for updates on the link. It seems I've posted this question twice, sorry about that..oops.
CSW
CSW

Post by CSW »

YEEEEEEEH!!!! done and connected . I love it when these communities can help with my daft questions. Thanks so much and clear skies .
CSW
CSW

Post by CSW »

i HAVE TRIED TO USE THE PROGRAMME TODAY AND IT SEEMS FINE WITH MY dkm. Thank you