Svbony sv105 camera settings

Discussions of using SharpCap for Planetary Imaging
leechacks

Svbony sv105 camera settings

Post by leechacks »

Hi
I have a skywatcher explorer 150p scope and a svbony sv105 webcam, i have tried imaging Jupiter and when i went to process the capture in autostakkert3 the final image was in monochrome. Now I'm sure it recorded in colour but on my colour space settings i only have YUY2 and MJPG, it is normally set to MJPG is this correct for my camera. I'll attach the final image of Jupiter and hopefully the sharpcap settings file. I know i have a lot to learn on imaging with sharpcap and getting better each time, any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
22_11_40.CameraSettings.txt
(540 Bytes) Downloaded 219 times
(3).png
(3).png (12.75 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Svbony sv105 camera settings

Post by admin »

Hi,

do you see any colour in the saved video file if you just play that? Normally the loss of colour is related to using dedicated Astro cameras in RAW mode which shouldn't be an issue with the SV 105 camera.

Cheers, Robin
leechacks

Post by leechacks »

admin wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:11 pm Hi,

do you see any colour in the saved video file if you just play that? Normally the loss of colour is related to using dedicated Astro cameras in RAW mode which shouldn't be an issue with the SV 105 camera.

Cheers, Robin
Hi Robin
It appears that the avi file is in monochrome aswell, the only colour space option I have is mjpg and yuy2. When processing in pipp it says output file is colour and rgb values are 65,64 and 65%, just don't know why it recorded in monochrome, is it because my fain was up to 70/100 as a few tutorials suggest, I'll attach the histogram from this capture
Attachments
22_11_40.Histogram.csv
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

there certainly seems to be some colour variation in the histogram data – would it be possible for you to upload one of the videos to dropbox or somewhere similar and share a link here – perhaps having a look at the actual video file help reveal what is going on.

Cheers, Robin
leechacks

Post by leechacks »

Hi Robin
I managed to get some captures of Jupiter last night and they were all in colour. Now I've changed the output file to ser and instead of doing the quick captures button, I have been doing the captures by start capture and stop capture. So maybe the issue is either with the avi output or using quick capture. I will try to upload the monochrome file via Dropbox, when I get on my laptop as on phone atm.
Attachments
IMG_20200730_202003.jpg
IMG_20200730_202003.jpg (2.03 KiB) Viewed 3139 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

SER format is away is a good option as it doesn't have the uncertainty of AVI format (there are lots of different flavours of AVI format and not all applications read all of them correctly).

Cheers, Robin
leechacks

Post by leechacks »

Hi Robin
Yes I suspect it could of been the avi output causing the problem of monochrome, but will test it out when clear skies next with my new planet killer scope skymax 127
Kind regards