Terrible dots patern on my captures.

Discussions of using SharpCap for Planetary Imaging
JJM

Re: Terrible dots patern on my captures.

Post by JJM »

Hello, thank you for your replys. Here I am attaching te camera settings file for the lunar image.
23_16_28.CameraSettings.txt
(719 Bytes) Downloaded 192 times
JJM

Post by JJM »

Camera settings lunar.png
Camera settings lunar.png (52.44 KiB) Viewed 7146 times
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Your lunar image is actually pretty decent. If you download Autostakkert and use it to process your existing AVI file you will have the image you expect with the grid pattern removed. If you follow the steps in this document, there is some explanation of what is happening. I did this with a land based object so the colours are known before hand.

Debayer-Example.pdf
(428.3 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Some points to note:
  • Use SER as the output format, as Autostakkert will be able to debayer automatically.
  • In your capture settings file, Frame Rate Limit = 8. I think the default for this is Maximum.
See viewtopic.php?f=35&t=254 for background information on debayering.

See viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1450 for detail of using Autostakkert.

Hope to see your lunar image soon.

Dave
JJM

Post by JJM »

Hello, Thank you for your information, both documents you wrote and shared are very good!! Thank you,very educational..
I followed all steps and here is the result, the image was recovered!! I thought it was lost, and it is very discouraging to get this results after all that work. OK, here it is.
23_16_28_2nd try_registax.jpg
23_16_28_2nd try_registax.jpg (114.62 KiB) Viewed 7125 times
JJM

Post by JJM »

If I may, I would like to ask another question: I have another image, this time Saturn. I understand I have much to learn but I processed it in autostakkert following your instructions and for my surprise the quality of the video or its frames was good. It excited me and the processed it with Registax buy again for may surpise, not a big surprise, although the quality was good according to autostakkert, in the final image the rings' edge is fuzzy. Is this due to some other error I am making? Thank you again.
Saturno Autostakkert.png
Saturno Autostakkert.png (376.59 KiB) Viewed 7125 times
Saturno Autostakkert.png
Saturno Autostakkert.png (376.59 KiB) Viewed 7125 times
Attachments
Saturno Registax.png
Saturno Registax.png (433.39 KiB) Viewed 7125 times
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Glad the instructions helped - the lunar image turned out well showing features in the bottom of craters and on the crater walls.

With Registax, start off by using only the Layer 2 slider. With Registax it is quite easy to to degrade an image by aggressive use of the sliders. Also in Autostakkert, check the the Sharpened box. This will produce a sharpened image with _conv in the name (as well as the unsharpened image).

Look on the web for Virtual Moon Atlas - this will help you identify the craters and mountains you have captured.

Dave
JJM

Post by JJM »

Thank you Dave for your comments and documents.
Idocrase

Post by Idocrase »

Hi Team,

I've been getting the strange black dots in the attached image when I run Live Stack on 100 of my 30sec images of the Orion nebula.

It was a bit windy when I collected these images and I suspect they are somehow representing the starts themselves but grateful for any suggestions!

Many thanks - John
Attachments
Example.jpg
Example.jpg (30.93 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

based on the look of the image, I'd say to check any dark or flat frames that you were using (look at them in an image viewer). What you are seeing looks rather like what I would expect to see if you used a light frame as a dark frame (stars in the 'dark' frame being subtracted away giving black patches).

Hope this helps,

Robin