QHYCCD 183M camera Problem

Discussions of using SharpCap for Planetary Imaging
Mhamar

QHYCCD 183M camera Problem

Post by Mhamar »

Hi:

I just got a QHYCCD 183M camera. The camera is recognized by SharpCap 3.2 but 0 frames of video are seen. I've tried most of the controls but to no avail. It does works in Maximdl and EZCAP-QT, but not in SharpCap 3.2, 3.0 or EZplanetary.

It may be a driver problem or a camera function issue. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mhamar
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHYCCD 183M camera Problem

Post by admin »

Hi,

It's probably working through the troubleshooting steps for USB issues linked at the top of the bug reports sub- forum. The steps include simplifying the USB set up to the minimum possible (no hubs, extensions et cetera) and adjusting the USB speed options to try to get stable operation.

Cheers, Robin
Mhamar

Post by Mhamar »

Hi:

I did make a direct connection to my Panasonic Hardbook. It has a 1.6 Ghz dual core processor and 4 Gig of Ram. The single USB port is USB2 not 3.

I still got no video even when slowing down the frame rate to 2 frames/sec. As a long exposure camera in MaximDL it works fine. I hope this inspires an idea of what to do.

Thanks,

Martin Hamar
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Two things I can think of to try are to try to adjust the USB speed control to see if that has any effect or to turn the 'force still mode' control to on which will switch the camera out of video mode into still imaging mode.

The frame rate limit control which I think you have been adjusting doesn't actually change the communication of the settings on the camera tool – it just makes SharpCap deliberately drop frames arriving faster than the specified limit.

Hope this helps, Robin
Mhamar

Post by Mhamar »

Thanks so much Robin for your help. I'll try tonight.

Martin
lampcord

Post by lampcord »

Another thing you could try is dropping the resolution way down to say 640x480 and capturing only a small portion of the sensor.

If you get good frame rate that way, it likely means it's a USB throughput issue.

FYI, I have a QHY183C and use it all the time with SC with no probs. But I am using USB 3.0.