[FIXED : 3.1.5186] Crash: Altair Hypercam 183C and 1x1 Binning

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
chromus

[FIXED : 3.1.5186] Crash: Altair Hypercam 183C and 1x1 Binning

Post by chromus »

Hi Robin,

Serial pest from AU here.

I have a reasonably grunty PC attached directly to Altairs own USB3 cable directly (no external hubs/extensions)

I have sent a number of error notifications (via Send and Quit) about 1x1 binning errors I am getting since the recent upgrade.

It seems to occur in all file formats and gives memory violation errors, please feel free to email me or PM with any extra testing you would like me
to do to help nail this thing, I don't get these errors in a rival application, so i don't think this is hardware related.

The error suggests that the error could be related to bad memory but I have stress tested the ram and can find no issues.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash: Altair Hypercam 183C and 1x1 Binning

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for posting - I received an email from Nick at Altair this morning that I think refers to your problem - so far I've only had time to have a quick look, but my first impression is that it seems that under some circumstances SharpCap is not setting aside enough memory when requesting a frame from the camera, causing the error you are seeing.

It would help if you could let me know

a) what version of SharpCap you were using and
b) when you submitted the bug reports

that will help me be sure that I have found the right ones that correspond to your issue.

I'd also be interested to hear the exact sequence of steps that you take from running SharpCap to encountering the issue - The problem I have is that the issue you are seeing does not occur for me in simple tests, so I am trying to work out what actions get SharpCap into a state where it makes this mistake about memory.

thanks,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think I found the problem - please try the newly uploaded version 3.1.5186 which I think should resolve the issue.

Robin
chromus

Post by chromus »

This level of support is outstanding, I had checked with Nick directly about this to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Side note: I tried the "check for updates" in app and it didnt find the new build and had to get from the website.

Previously I was getting 2 dropped frames then crash, so far 5 frames all captured with no crash.

Thanks for your awesome help :geek: