[FIXED 3.1.5169] QHYIII178 M and QHYIII1878C not working

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
mbrickley

[FIXED 3.1.5169] QHYIII178 M and QHYIII1878C not working

Post by mbrickley »

HI
I use sharpcap with several cameras and these two are having a very specific issue:

They open and can take images but when changing the capture time to 15s and above from a shorter time, they do not grab the first two frames after the time change and the counter in the bottom right hand corner continues so for example going to a 15s time the first frame counts from 0/15 in the corner counter then to 15/0 when it should download and restart but it just keeps goint to 16/-1 etc until it gets to 45/-30 when it downloads a 15s frame and then works normally. This is very irritating as I use 1 sec captures to centre then shift to 15s - 1 min subs to stack and it means I waste the first 2 minutes potetially of each image.

There is a wrokaround in that if one hits the reset control order in the options menu after the time change this reinitialises the capture and then it runs normally. I have several zwo cameras that this doesnt happen with and also a qhy coolmos 290m whihc also works fine so I suspect its limited to the small form factor QHYIII cameras. I have both a 178c and m and both behave in the same way so its unrelated to a specific camera sample.

Any help would be much appreciated
Mark
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHYIII178 M and QHYIII1878C not working

Post by admin »

Funnily enough I had the QHYIII178C plugged in for testing, so I just tried and had no problem with this situation. What I would note is...

1) I am using the very latest SharpCap 3.1 build (uploaded today) which has a brand new updated QHY SDK in - maybe this helps. Note that this version may require you to install updated QHY system drivers before it runs your cameras

2) I have seen similar issues with QHY USB3 cameras that are resolved if you switch into 16 bit mode rather than 8 bit mode, so it's worth trying that if you haven't already.

cheers,

Robin
mbrickley

Re: QHYIII178 M and QHYIII1878C not working

Post by mbrickley »

Hi

Thanks for this, I'm delighted to say the new sdk / sharpcap version has completely fixed it so all is working very nicely
:)
Mark
admin
Site Admin

Re: [FIXED 3.1.5169] QHYIII178 M and QHYIII1878C not working

Post by admin »

Excellent :)

Robin