Crash when capturing darks

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
kevin_edw2002

Crash when capturing darks

Post by kevin_edw2002 »

Hi,

When attempting to capture dark frames, SharpCap crashes and throws up a System.ArgumentException error (Illegal characters in path/Error ID #19381 - see attached screen capture). All other functions (still and video capture/live view/live stacking etc) work without a problem.

I have tried running versions 3.0 and the latest 3.1.5143.0 on two different compters (Microsoft Surface Pro/Lenovo T510, both running Windows 10) using a ZWO ASI220mc-s camera.

I have uploaded the error report.

Any assistance would be grateful appreciated.

K. Edwards
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (144.17 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
turfpit

Re: Crash when capturing darks

Post by turfpit »

Kevin

What is the path you are trying to write to?

Have a look at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247 for reserved characters and names.

Dave
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash when capturing darks

Post by admin »

The original darks get written to the temp folder which should be OK (you can see that - just - in the title bar and I can't see any bad characters). The master dark gets written to the dark library according to the file nameing setup, which may be part of the cause of the problem.

Did you press the 'Send and Quit' button to send the bug report - if not please retry and press the button (I looked and couldn't see an uploaded bug report that matches this issue). Once I have the bug report I should be able to see what is wrong much more easily.

thanks,

Robin