[FIXED 3.1.5174] Horizontal scrollbar isn't centered when zooming in

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
mKoch

[FIXED 3.1.5174] Horizontal scrollbar isn't centered when zooming in

Post by mKoch »

Robin,

with my ASI178 camera I typically use two different zoom settings. "Zoom auto" for viewing the full field, and "Zoom 300%" for focusing. When I switch from auto to 300%, the vertical scrollbar is always in the center (this is good!). But the horizontal scrollbar isn't in the center, so that I must always slide it to the center to see the planet.

SharpCap 3.1.5164, Windows 7, ASI178MM

Michael
admin
Site Admin

Re: Horizontal scrollbar isn't centered when zooming in

Post by admin »

Hi

If you zoom using CTRL+Mouse Wheel then the point under the mouse cursor should remain stationary while zooming in or out (or at least it will once the image has filled the area available to it). This might work for you.

Robin
mKoch

Post by mKoch »

But I want to use SharpCap without mouse, especially when it's really cold in winter. For switching between zoom auto and zoom 300% I use simulated mouseclicks in AutoHotKey.
I just found out that the problem with the horizontal scrollbar isn't always there.
If there is no histogram or focus assistant below the main image, then it works perfecly and the horizonlal scrollbar is indeed centered when switching from auto to 300%.
But if the histogram or focus assistant is visible, then the horizontal scrollbar jumps to about 80% after switching from zoom auto to zoom 300%. That makes no sense because normally the planet is in the middle of the image.

Michael
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Weird, I see what you mean that it works without the histogram showing and not with. Will investigate.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, it was zooming trying to keep the point in the middle of the area available for displaying the image fixed. If the image fills or nearly fills that area then everything is well. If you show the histogram that makes the autozoom image smaller and that middle point is to the right of the image :)

Will be fixed in next 3.1 release.

cheers,

Robin
mKoch

Post by mKoch »

yes, that's a logical explanation. A simple solution would be to center the image in the available area.

Michael
mKoch

Re: [FIXED 3.1.5174] Horizontal scrollbar isn't centered when zooming in

Post by mKoch »

Thanks for solving this problem!

Michael