[SOLVED] capture dark's not working using hardware binning

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Astrogate

[SOLVED] capture dark's not working using hardware binning

Post by Astrogate »

Robin, last night using my ZWO ASI 1600 MC camera I tried to capture/save dark's using the "capture dark's" feature in 16 bit mode, bin 2 with hardware binning on. The dark would just expose and it would say at the bottom right corner 0/10 but once the exposure complete there was no change in the 0/10. When hardware binning was off it worked fine using bin 2. Thank you!

Chris
admin
Site Admin

Re: capture dark's not working using hardware binning

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

thanks for the report - I will look into it.

cheers,

Robin
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Thank you Robin for looking into it and it will be great when I can take & save dark's in order to remove the horizontal banding that appears when capturing images with hardware binning engaged.

Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

this works for me with the ASI1600MM and the 071MC (closest cameras I have to your model). I did notice that I had to turn down the 'Turbo USB' setting a bit in Bin2+Hardware to avoid dropped frames - perhaps this is what was affecting your (watch the frame count/dropped frame count bottom left - it should be the frame count going up, not the dropped count!)

cheers,

Robin
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Hi Robin

I had the turbo USB set to 96% and perhaps like you mention it was set too high. I will lower this number and watch my frame count to see if it lowers or increases. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Chris
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Robin, just to let you know I was able to take my dark's with hardware bin on by lowering the Turbo USB from my previous 96% to 91%. Thanks again!

Chris