Long Gone DS Cameras Still in Camera List

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Harmonious

Long Gone DS Cameras Still in Camera List

Post by Harmonious »

Hi Robin,

Not a serious bug, but the camera menu of the last several versions of SC shows two direct show cameras, "ManyCam Video Source" and "LN300" that haven't been around for some time. ManyCam is gone and th e LN300 is also long gone. There is also a Capture profile, "LN-300 Luna (WDM 2861 Capture)" that I would like to expunge. Is there a file or registry entry that I can edit to remove these relics, or an instruction that I failed to read? I am presently using the latest version of 3.1.

Thanks.

David
admin
Site Admin

Re: Long Gone DS Cameras Still in Camera List

Post by admin »

Hi David,

the cameras are still there because the DirectShow drivers are still registered for Windows. Some WDM drivers only show up when the camera is connected, but others show up all the time and it sounds like yours are in the latter category.

You should be able to delete the capture profile by using the capture profile management functionality - press the 'Manage' button on the capture profile load/save control.

cheers,

Robin