Crash while using WiFi Scope

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
CityObserver

Crash while using WiFi Scope

Post by CityObserver »

With the newer 3.1 builds there seems to be a new bug where it clashes with WiFi Scope.

I am using WiFi Scope to control GoTo with Sky Safari and then plate solve with SharpCap to complete the move to a higher accuracy.

Unfortunately, I've lost track of which build versions were working previously. So apologies -- I know this is a less than optimal bug report.

I'm trying to connect to a Meade LX90 through USB to serial to handset, this is on COM5. WiFi Scope and SharpCap both work on their own, but when you try running them together you get an error. All I know at the moment is that previously this didn't happen. I actually had something similar happen with my EQ3-2 doing the same thing (SS goto through WiFiScope then SC plate solve) and crashing out. The current error on the Meade throws up the following:

An error occurred while trying to connect to your Meade Classic and Autostar I Mount.

This often indicates a problem with the device itself or with it's ASCOM driver configuration. Please check that the device is properly connected and responding.

The details of the error are: Creating and instance of the COM component with CLSID {EB58A8A8-6171-4640A8E5-6021D0F3D663} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800a01a9 Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A01A9.

I will do some more investigation and try to see what is happening, and provide better information for you.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash while using WiFi Scope

Post by admin »

Hi,

looks like the error code is coming from the Meade ASCOM driver - if you do a google search then you find a fair number of the results relate to Meade ASCOM equipment.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=0x800a01a9

If it works ok with only one app running but gives an error with both then my guess would be that the two apps are both trying to talk to the Meade driver and have probably created two separate copies of the Meade driver. The first one gets to use the serial port and the other one dies with the error. Some ASCOM drivers handle this situation nicely (EQMOD) - with others you have to use one of the Hub drivers (POTH or another) to share the access to the hardware between applications.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash while using WiFi Scope

Post by admin »

Did you click submit on a bug report? Just found one for a 'Meade Classic and Autostar I Mount' that had the error 'There doesn't appear to be anything connected to the COM port.' in it.

cheers,

Robin