3.1.4884.0 Bug? in Smart Histogram ....

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
SgrB2

3.1.4884.0 Bug? in Smart Histogram ....

Post by SgrB2 »

Hi,

After using the sensor analysis function to characterize the ZWO ASI290MM camera sensor,
the cursor value no longer agree with the Mean value printed on the
histogram (see attached figure). Before using the sensor analysis function these two
values were in agreement. The cursor value should be the correct value.

Cheers,
Jan
Attachments
Smart_Histo.PNG
Smart_Histo.PNG (37.45 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: 3.1.4884.0 Bug? in Smart Histogram ....

Post by admin »

Hi Jan,

the cursor number is the 'True ADU', which for a 12 bit sensor is 16x less than the 'Scaled ADU' used in the mean on the right - this is not really clear enough though, so I will change to make it clearer. 16x67 is about 1060, so that is fine, but this should apply too for the standard deviations and doesn't seem to, so something odd going on there.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: 3.1.4884.0 Bug? in Smart Histogram ....

Post by admin »

Oops, my mistake, it's the 'Value' reading at the top that should match the mean and that's the one that's off. It was correct before I cut down the number of points being plotted on the graph to a maximum of 2000 or so to improve performance.

Also, the SD shown on the right is not supposed to be the same as the +/- shown next the the True ADU - again me muddling myself up... The one on the right is the histogram standard deviation (measure of the histogram peak width). The one on the True ADU line is the expected noise from the sensor at the selected ADU value from the sensor analysis noise model.

I will fix the 'Value' readout for the next build, and documentation will deal with the rest I think.

cheers,

Robin