How to report a Crash

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to report a Crash

Post by admin »

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems – the first thing I would suggest is updating to the very latest version if you haven't tried that already. Please download this directly from the downloads page on the SharpCap website (the version that you get fire auto update isn't always the very latest).

If updating to the latest version doesn't help then I'd be interested in seeing your SharpCap log to see if I can work out what is causing the slowness during start-up.

If you submit any more crash reports then please grab a screenshot of the crash report window and share that with me as it helps me track down your specific reports amongst all the others.

Cheers, Robin
edgar619

Post by edgar619 »

hello Robin...unfortunately many crashes lately mid session ..especially when using ASCOM driver camera ..sent them all in as advised

also fyi the SC Pro 3.2 is now taking 1-2 minutes to load..sometimes up to 3 minutes..the 3 option widow appears and I just click wait...and in time SC loads..windows 10 user

Thanks

Edgar
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

What brands of cameras you have connected or use with SharpCap? I see a couple of uploaded reports that relate to freezes on start-up while trying to detect QHY cameras and one that looks to be a similar freeze while trying to detect Atik cameras.

Cheers, Robin
AstroAwly

Post by AstroAwly »

Hi. I tried to connect my Canon EOS 60D via the ASCOM DSLR Driver to Sharpcap. However I hust hear the camera shutter clicking twice, a black image and the following error:

Didier27

Post by Didier27 »

Hello Robin, Since I installed the last version, 3.2.6396, When I open SC all the top menus stay grey. I cannot click on any option and even cannot close SC. I connect a GPCAM 385C. When I reinstall the previous version I cannot open it as well. I tried to open SC with Ctrl key but when I try to connect my camera which is identified SC is frozen. Any idea. Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

do you happen to remember which version works fine before you upgraded? Also can you find the log file from the latest version – that will be in the folder
c:\users\<your user name>\appdata\local\SharpCap\logs. Hopefully seeing how far the log file has got will give us an idea as to where things got stuck. If you were previously on 3.2 .6391 then the only significant change is an update to the Altair SDK – I suppose it's possible that could be causing some issue since you are working with Altair camera. I tried three or four different models before I included the new version in SharpCap, but I will see if I have a 385 test with.

Cheers, Robin
Didier27

Post by Didier27 »

Merci de votre réponse rapide. Ci joint le fichier log. La version précédente était la dernière en 32 bit. J'ai reinstallé la version précedente et elle ne fonctionne plus.J'ai fait des essais sur un autre computer avec la dernière version 32 et 64 bit et ma caméra fonctionne bien. Je pense que j'ai plutot un conflit avec des drivers ASCOM ou l'application EQMOD.
Attachments
Log_2020-07-29T22_01_40-9080.log
(23.32 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Didier27

Post by Didier27 »

Hello Robin, I solved my problem, it was a conflict with EQMOD running in the background. I had to close EQMOD first and start SC.
Thank you for your help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's good news :-)

I have seen EQMOD freeze up when it is trying to talk to the mount if the mount isn't connected properly, so maybe it was some variant of that problem.

Cheers, Robin
Didier27

Post by Didier27 »

Hi Robin,
Exactly what happened SC freeze because he was trying to talk to EQMOD HEQ5/6 while I was using Synscan WiFi application. The issue is in this situation you can't even close SC as it's frozen.
Cheers,
Didier