Folder Camera wrongly rejects Flat

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
ChrisR Oz

Folder Camera wrongly rejects Flat

Post by ChrisR Oz »

Hi Robin,

Using the Folder Camera to reprocess saved stacks from Live Stack, which works well, permitting tweaking of filters, such as FWHM. However, when I open SC with the Folder Camera, it will announce that the existing flat (4144 x 2822) is incompatible with the Folder Camera (640 x 480) and set Preprocessing Flat to "None". However, when I look at the Folder Camera, it indeed shows 4144 x 2822. And I can set the Flat back again OK.

Not a biggie, as bugs go ...
Cheers, Chris.
Celestron EdgeHD 8, reducer 0.7x, Star Sense, CGX-L mount, Focuser, CPWI; Starlight Xpress AO, OAG and Filter Wheel; ZWO 294MC/294MM Pro and 174MM mini; SharpCap Pro, PHD2, Powermate 2x, Baader Neodymium, Astronomik CLS-CCD, ZWO UV/IR, Duoband filters.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder Camera wrongly rejects Flat

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

ah yes, that kind of makes sense. The folder monitor camera is a bit weird because it doesn't know the resolution to use until you have selected the image files and the first one has been loaded. Not having a resolution at all causes all sorts of other problems with bits of the code that expect the camera to know the resolution, so a default of 640x480 is used when the camera is opened, which then causes issues with the flat/dark loading like you are seeing.

Maybe I will make the folder monitor camera remember the last resolution used - that would fix the problem 95% of the time.

cheers,

Robin