Saved Dither Frame records dither exposure

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
donboy

Saved Dither Frame records dither exposure

Post by donboy »

Saving a frame that completes just before a dither writes the dither exposure and not the image exposure on the image file.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saved Dither Frame records dither exposure

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

exactly how are you running the dithering from SharpCap? Sequencer (please share the sequence settings if so) or live stacking?

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Hi Robin,

It’s in live stack. After the dither exposures take place I’ll save the current stack but it lists the file with the exposure of the dither not the exposure of the image.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

ok, I think I get it - SharpCap has just changed the exposure length to 2s or whatever for the duration for the duration of the dithering, but the frame from just before the dither gets '2s' in the file name and/or header/settings info. I will see what can be done to fix it.

As a workaround, you should be able to run live stacking in 'still mode' in SharpCap 4.0 (latest updates anyway) - this means that the exposure doesn't need to be reduced during dithering - SC just stops taking exposures until the dithering is done. Problem gone away (hopefully!)

cheers,

Robin