File names not matching IMG txt file?

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Steve Fractals

File names not matching IMG txt file?

Post by Steve Fractals »

Anyone know why Sharpcap seems to go out of sync with filenames? It starts of naming my SER/AVI and image txt file the same but then seems to name the txt info file to next number in sequence as in image below. This makes it difficult to work out which image info file goes with which image file if I want to check the settings later on.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (4.83 KiB) Viewed 336 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: File names not matching IMG txt file?

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

that's odd - can you let me know about your filenaming settings and how you are running multiple SER captures in a row (are you using the sequencing tools or manually)?

cheers,

Robin
Steve Fractals

Post by Steve Fractals »

20211102_110550.jpg
20211102_110550.jpg (466.69 KiB) Viewed 303 times
The txt info files see. To go out of sync with both quick capture and sequence capture.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, OK, I see now... the joy of WinJupos compatible file names :)

The last number in a WinJupos file name is how far through the current minute you are measured in 6 second blocks (because, you know, just using the number of seconds since the minute would have been too easy...). The specification requires the time specified to be the middle of the recording, so SharpCap renames the capture file when the capture is complete (the middle time is unknown until the capture is over). It looks like the capture settings file does not get renamed, so it keeps the timing from the start of the capture. I will see if I can fix that :)

cheers,

Robin