binning, trinning issue

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
JesusRL

binning, trinning issue

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

I have started using my cmos camera (3,76um) in a long focal RC (2850mm). This makes me use 3X3 mode in terms of efficiency.

The issue I have found is that when you go downwards (1 to 2 / 1 to 3 / 2 to 3) every thing goes fine.

BUT when you go upwards (2 to 1 / 3 to 1 / 3 to 2) the maximum ROI allowed is the original binned efective ROI and you cannot sellect the original full frame of the camera.

ie:
* my camera is 6248X4176 in 1X1
* if I select 2X2 the ROI combo still shows 6248X4176. Even not being the real size (it would be 3124X2098) i don't care, as it works fine
* BUT if i go back to 1X1 the combo will show 3124X2098 and will not allow me to select a bigger ROI. Only the 1st quarter of the image is shown and custom ROI freezes the application. The only way to exit this situation is restart the application (reconnecting the camera does not solve it).

T&R,
Jesus
admin
Site Admin

Re: binning, trinning issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

what make and model of camera are you using? I suspect it is a bug in re-initializing the list of available resolutions when the binning is changed, but since that varies depending on the type of camera.

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

QHY268Mono

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

just tried 3 different QHY cameras here and they all work fine for going bin1 => bin 2=> bin 1 (with various things like selecting ROI thrown in to try to break things). Sounds like the QHY268 is playing at being different *again* :(

Could you make a log for me please - open the camera, go from 1 to 2 to 3 and then 2 to 1, then grab the log. Hopefully there will be some info there that will help explain the reason.

cheers,

Robin