SC Crashed CPU on Iterate Search command

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
GaryS

SC Crashed CPU on Iterate Search command

Post by GaryS »

Hi
I tried the iterate search tonight after Plate Solve failed. The iterate search crashed the CPU while displaying continuous error message blocks as shown on the attached image. I've never tried this command before so perhaps I there was something I should have done before initiating it.

I was using an iOptron AZ Mount Pro and iOptron commander was loaded and operational.

Any ideas welcome on what I did wrong and how to avoid it another time.
Cheers
Gary
SC Crash - trying to iterate search.png
SC Crash - trying to iterate search.png (660.91 KiB) Viewed 411 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: SC Crashed CPU on Iterate Search command

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for reporting - I take it you were using the spiral search button to try to find your target when this happened. It looks like your mount is refusing to move the telescope axis for some reason (still to be determined) and SharpCap isn't handling that well.

A few questions...

Do you by any chance have the log file - it has probably bee saved and you can find the log files by going to the log folder, which is documented here : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Bugs%20%26%20Crashes

What happens if you use the up/down/left/right buttons to move the mount? They also try to move the telescope axes in the same way, so I would guess that they would give an error too, but it would be interesting to check.

thanks,

Robin
GaryS

Re: SC Crashed CPU on Iterate Search command

Post by GaryS »

I will look for the log and test SC’s scope controls and report back.
Thank you!
Gary