crash of .4683

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
elken2004

crash of .4683

Post by elken2004 »

I am having the issue of the program just disapearing while using it, one moment working then poooooooof gone :)
using a well appointed MSI I7 32 gig ram etc gaming laptop.

I will select the ASI071mc PRO version camera I used the load for asipro profile with all settings saved.
It seems to be random but often occurs after first image0 is saved especially when live stacking
I can't what triggers it to disappear, something seems to be unstable. Like a timing issue of some kind
It even occured when I did a autostretch withing seconds. etc

I am using all the latest drivers too.
cheers
Clive.
admin
Site Admin

Re: crash of .4683

Post by admin »

Hi Clive,

if it's vanishing without offering to send a bug report then it usually means it has encountered a bug outside my code, which always makes it fun to work out what is going on!

Please can you run SharpCap from the command prompt and add the /dump parameter to the command line, so you run it as

Code: Select all

"c:\Program Files (x86)\SharpCap 3.1\SharpCap.exe" /dump
Then if it crashes you should find a file called SharpCap.dmp on the desktop which you need to send to me (it will be quite big, so upload to google drive or dropbox or similar and send me the link via PM). Once I have that file I can find out what crashed.

thanks,

Robin