Sequencer progress window lockout

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer progress window lockout

Post by admin »

Hi,

as far as I can see from your log, the sequence got stuck when starting to capture because PHD2 was not guiding - at that point it will just wait until PHD2 begins guiding (which will require you to start PHD2 looping, calibrating then guiding manually). After a minute or so of that, it looks like you cancelled the sequence, possibly by closing SharpCap.

I wonder if somehow the progress window is appearing in a position that puts it off screen? I can certainly move my sequencer progress window so that it is off screen and therefore cannot be accessed. I will try to change the code so it is impossible to move the progress off screen, but if that is the problem then there is a way to get it back :

* Click on SharpCap so that the SharpCap main window (disabled) is at the front
* Press Alt-Space
* Press M
* Press the up arrow key
* Move the mouse - the progress window will appear and will follow the mouse.

cheers,

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

As I said in my post at the start I had tracking issues which took me a while to figure out (accidently set to custom tracking not sidereal) but got there in the end. In essence the mount would track ok at the start but would wander off which is why I did a lot of messing about at the start of the session which is not all reflected in the log.

I am looking for ways to do a better report if the problem persists to help out, maybe an AVI of the screen activity using Bandicam software.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, a video would certainly be helpful I think - sometimes things are obvious in a video/screen shot that are really hard to describe (or even know what the right things are that need describing!)

cheers,

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

I downloaded the latest 4.0 version yesterday and tonight ran a series of tests and it all worked without any issues.