Sequencer progress window lockout

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Tomatobro

Re: Sequencer progress window lockout

Post by Tomatobro »

Just to clarify I run sharpcap 3.2 to monitor my obs interior camera and 4.0 for my equipment control. These run at the same time
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately the shorter log files don't contain the information that I need - I expect the huge one does, but let's try another way rather than upload 1.1Gb!

If you go back to the sequence planner, then hit the save button at the botton, you can save the plan as an SSP file - that's just a text file really, so you can post the content of the file here, which will then let me duplicate your sequence.

I will also look into removing the repeating log message about PHD connection lost - thanks for spotting that.

cheers,

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

SSP file

RepeatCaptures:Repeats=2|Enabled=True
EnsureStillMode:Enabled=True
CoolDown:Value=-10|Rate=8|Enabled=False
ColourSpace:ColourSpace=MONO16|Enabled=True
OutputFormat:SelectedFormat=FITS files (*.fits)|Enabled=True
ManualCamSettings:Enabled=False
DefaultExposure:Exposure=15|Enabled=True
DefaultGain:GainChoice=|Gain=60|Enabled=True
Offset:Offset=120|Enabled=True
LoadCaptureProfile:ProfileName=|Enabled=False
MeasureSkyBackground:Enabled=True
ConnectGuiding:Enabled=True
RequireGuiding:Enabled=True
Dithering:Interval=0|Enabled=True
DitherOnFrameCount:Interval=10|Enabled=True
DitherOnTime:Interval=300|Enabled=False
Unpark:Enabled=True
TargetName:TargetName=NGC7331|Enabled=True
GotoCatalogTarget:TargetName=C16 (NGC 7243)|Enabled=False
GotoCoords:Coordinates=|TargetName=|Enabled=False
PromptTarget:Enabled=True
PlateSolveAndSync:Exposure=5|GainChoice=|Gain=0|Enabled=False
Autofocus:Range=100|Enabled=False
FocusExpoGain:Exposure=12|GainChoice=|Gain=29|Enabled=True
AutofocusInfo:Steps=15|Allowance=0|Direction=Positive
RefocusOnFilterChange:Enabled=False
Capture:PauseBefore=False|Filter=Infra red|FrameType=Light|Count=30|Exposure=|Gain=|GainChoice=|PauseAfter=False
Capture:PauseBefore=False|Filter=Red|FrameType=Light|Count=30|Exposure=|Gain=|GainChoice=|PauseAfter=False
Capture:PauseBefore=False|Filter=Green|FrameType=Light|Count=30|Exposure=|Gain=|GainChoice=|PauseAfter=False
Capture:PauseBefore=False|Filter=Blue|FrameType=Light|Count=30|Exposure=|Gain=|GainChoice=|PauseAfter=False
Capture:PauseBefore=False|Filter=Ha|FrameType=Light|Count=30|Exposure=|Gain=|GainChoice=|PauseAfter=False
Capture:PauseBefore=False|Filter=OII|FrameType=Light|Count=30|Exposure=30|Gain=|GainChoice=|PauseAfter=False
Park:Enabled=True
WarmUp:Value=10|Rate=8|Enabled=False
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

Both my windows and Linux come up with SSP is an invalid format and the forum will not let it upload. Hope the text listing meets your needs
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks, that content is just what I needed (SSP is a special file format used for the sequence planner, but as you spotted, it's just text).

Based on that plan, I can run the same sequence as you, but I am still not seeing any errors. Based on your initial screenshot, it looks as though you pressed the 'Run' button and then the sequencer window stays visible - what happens to me is that the sequencer window immediately vanishes and the progress window appears. I also tried using the 'Test Run' button and many of the individual 'Test' buttons in the sequence planner, but had no luck in making your error happen.

Perhaps if you could give me a list of the ASCOM hardware you are using (as that could have an influence) and also the exact steps to get the problem to happen after loading that SSP file, I could try again to reproduce the error.

thanks, and sorry this is turning out to be hard to work out.

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

As soon as I get a clear night I will run through the steps again to see if I can replicate the problem I had. I just did a startup sequence and even with just PHD connected but not guiding Sharpcap reported (and kept reporting) that the guiding was inactive and no lockout occurred.

Anyway details of hardware and software as follows

NUC intel core i3 5010u 2.10 Ghz
APCI X64 base PC
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250Gb
Ram 4.0 gb
Windows 10 Pro Version 20HZ

Cartes du Ciel V4.2.1
EQMOD V2.00q
Sharpcap V4.0.8185 64 bit
Camera ASI 178MM
ZWO filter Wheel

Baader Steeldrive 2 focuser on Com5

PHD2 Version 2.6.10
Guiding camera ZWO ASI290MM

Sharpcap V3.2.6473
Interior dome camera GPCAMMT9M034M

Pulsar dome Version 1.42~B

All connects and runs ok. sometimes sharpcap fails to connect the the Steeldrive2 but its not often.
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

What I will do if the problem shows itself is to let the sequencer run in the background for a few frames then do a Ctrl/Alt?Del to stop the sequencer. That should limit the Log size to something manageable and hopefully contain information of value.
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

I had the same problem last night.
Started a sequence, then stopped, went into planner and changed the number of lights to take and restarted. Locked out with the previous sequence planner window showing.
Because I had problems with PHD guiding at the start and was late getting the imaging run underway (clouds due 00:30) I was reluctant to do a complete shutdown and a Ctrl/Alt/Del but looked for other ways to close just sharpcap.
When I hovered the mouse over the sharpcap icon on the task bar a pop up window gave me three options. Pin to task bar, The second I cannot remember but the bottom option was to close sharpcap. Clicking on the bottom option the screen appeared to minimise and behind it was a fully functioning Sharpcap 4.0 complete with updating sequencer window.
Ran the sequence until the clouds rolled in with no further issues.
I have not looked at the log file but I suspect it will exceed the 1 mb file upload size.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have just uploaded a new version of SharpCap - while it will not fix the issue around being locked out, I did (hopefully) stop the excessive logging of PHD warnings, which might make the log files much smaller. If the log file you have is not _too_ large, you could upload to dropbox/google drive/etc and share a link and I will have a look.

cheers,

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

Here are the two files I think you need

The file named shortened.txt has had most of the PHD errors removed to make it uploadable
Attachments
shortened.txt
(112.95 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Sequence.txt
(43.37 KiB) Downloaded 38 times