bug report

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
emmett51

bug report

Post by emmett51 »

I receive error messages when SC is in still mode and I try to capture an image. It appears the capture starts but doesn't close. Eventually the error occurs. The error message is:
Type: system access violation exception
Attempted to read write protected memory . This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Target site: Error code get qhyccd single frame (int ptr handle ref uint w, ref uint h, ref uint ....)
Application: sharp cap . exe 4.0.8185.0
Error id: 85444
Date: 9/27/21 04:57:02
clr: 4.0.30319.42000

A copy of the log is attached.
Attachments
sharpcap log 9 27 2021.txt
(64.75 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
emmett51

Re: bug report

Post by emmett51 »

Additional information:
I have tried rebooting the computer & camera. I deleted and reinstalled SC 4.0. This did not solve the problem.
The camera works ok in EZCAP and nebulosity and my old version of SC 3.2.
Any suggestions welcome.
ER
emmett51

Post by emmett51 »

More info.
I ran the Repair operation in Windows10, Apps. Repair failed: Element not found 0x80070490
ER
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for posting - I think I have seen your uploaded bug reports for this error. The QHY SDK is trying to write beyond the end of the memory block that SharpCap gives it for the frame data. What I don't know is if giving it a bigger memory area will help (SharpCap would ignore the extra data) or if something more significant has gone wrong in the QHY SDK. Let me know if you are happy to try out one or two test versions to see if we can resolve this issue.

cheers,

Robin
emmett51

Post by emmett51 »

Hello Robin,
I'm happy to try out other versions. Would deleting and reinstalling the QHY SDK solve my problem ? At present SC crashes whenever I try to take an image including the Frame Shot.
ER
emmett51

Post by emmett51 »

Some more info.:
I reinstalled the QHY driver package. The same error still occurs in SC 4.0. The capture starts and continues to run past the exposure set.
I tried the modify/repair function in Windows10 apps menu but it would not run. I have attached the log for that.
ER
Attachments
SharpCap_4.0_(64_bit)_20210928134719 repair log.txt
(8.02 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the repair issue is a red herring -it's to do with the Microsoft .NET Framework not repairing, and if that wasn't right then SharpCap wouldn't even start.

I'm afraid that no amount of uninstall/reinstall/repair/drivers will help - it's a software bug in either SharpCap or the QHY SDK that needs to be fixed (or worked around). I will try to change the code to allocate more memory to talk to the SDK and see if that helps.

cheers,

Robin