NexImage 5 - Image flips with color space change

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
HeartOfTexas

NexImage 5 - Image flips with color space change

Post by HeartOfTexas »

A strange issue with NexImage 5. In RAW8 color space the image appears normal. But when I switch to RGB24 or RGB32 the image is flipped upside down.

This also means that the ROI is backwards too. When the I move the box up the image from the camera goes down, etc.

Images below

And speaking of image flipping would it be possible to add flipping options built in to the app rather than being camera specific? I don't get flipping options with my NexImage for example but I see it on other cameras.

SharpCap 3.1.4682.0
Windows 10
admin
Site Admin

Re: NexImage 5 - Image flips with color space change

Post by admin »

Hi,

I can certainly flip the frames over for RGB colour spaces if that turns out to be the solution - can I just check that the ROI worked correctly for RAW8? Does the camera have a MONO option and is that correct?

cheers,

Robin
HeartOfTexas

Re: NexImage 5 - Image flips with color space change

Post by HeartOfTexas »

Just confirmed the behavior. There are 3 color space options:

RAW8: image orientation is normal. ROI works as expected. Moving ROI box up moves image up, etc.

RGB24 and RGB32: image is flipped vertically. ROI is also flipped vertically. Moving the ROI box up moves the image down and moving the ROI box down moves the image up. Left and right are normal.