Sensor Analysis Mallincamsky DS24C

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
DanK

Sensor Analysis Mallincamsky DS24C

Post by DanK »

Robin:

My DS24c cannot complete a sensor analysis. It almost completes the first stage but chokes before it does so. I never get any error messages and the bar never turns yellow but stays blue. What really annoys ne is that I have another Mallincam DS24c user who doesn't have a licence but gets his program to skip this area with an error message and with the sensor analysis bar running yellow. He can then skip the requestor and go to the next steps.

Here I am with a full licence who can't get sensor analysis to complete on the same camera while he without a licence can get his to complete. It is the SAME camera!!!

What is wrong with this picture Dr. Glover???

Dan Kahraman
DanK

DS24c sensor analysis failure

Post by DanK »

see attached bug log. I would not have travelled down this path ever again were it not for another DS24c Mallincamsky user...who CAN get SC to do a sensor analysis on his camera.

I am a licensed user of SC. I am using the September version of SC4 32 bit...but none of this gives any advantages in SC to do a sensor analysis on my DS24c.

Attached is a bug log. I am not holding my breath
Attachments
Log_2021-09-11T22_39_26-1724.log
(55.2 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
DanK

Re: DS24c sensor analysis failure

Post by DanK »

Ran it in 64 bit. Same problem.

Dan Kahraman
DanK

Re: Sensor Analysis Mallincamsky DS24c

Post by DanK »

It seems that the laptop I have been using for the DS26c and DS24c cannot handle sensor analysis. I switched laptops and it worked very well with the Mallincamsky DS24c camera.

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Re: DS24c sensor analysis failure

Post by admin »

Hi,

as we have seen before, the issue here is that the ASCOM driver just stops supplying frames to SharpCap - part of the analysis runs well and then SharpCap ends up waiting 60s or more for exposures that should take a fraction of a second to complete

Code: Select all

Warning	23:02:05.840430	#19	ASCOM exposure of duration 0.06s timed out after 60.16s. Attempting to stop/abort exposing	
Info   	23:02:45.713889	#1 	Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction  executing	
Info   	23:02:45.778246	#1 	Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction  complete	
Warning	23:03:06.501076	#19	ASCOM exposure of duration 0.06s timed out after 60.16s. Attempting to stop/abort exposing	
Warning	23:04:07.134095	#19	ASCOM exposure of duration 0.06s timed out after 60.14s. Attempting to stop/abort exposing	
The really annoying thing is that the ASCOM driver isn't even reporting an error, it's just stopped doing what it's supposed to do :(

Unfortunately there is nothing I can really do from the SharpCap side of things to work around or fix this problem - any fix would have to come from the authors of the ASCOM driver. Unfortunately getting this sort of fix done is always going to be hard, because it's very likely that the ASCOM drivers are actually written by whatever Chinese company do the OEM design and manufacture of the Mallincam cameras.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis Mallincamsky DS24c

Post by admin »

Hi Dan,

having a license or not has no impact on the sensor analysis - as I pointed out in your other thread, your logs show that your camer is stopping responding. This could be down to a whole range of issues, all of which are outside the control of SharpCap (ranging from bugs in the Mallincam ASCOM driver to USB communications issues to hardware incompatibility between the device and your computer).

cheers,

Robin

PS. I am going to merge all the various threads you have created together - please try to avoid creating duplicate threads for basically the same thing in future.
DanK

Re: Sensor Analysis Mallincamsky DS24C

Post by DanK »

Robin:

Problem was Windows 10. Lots of files had become corrupted over time. I did a reset of the computer and reinstalled all the applications. Sensor Analysis ran flawlessly on the DS24c.

I will have to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on all my computers. They are all exhibiting odd behaviour.

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dan,

glad you found a resolution for the problem.

cheers,

Robin
DanK

Post by DanK »

Hi Dr. Glover:

Did a reset and reinstall of all programs of the computer connected to the DS10c camera then ran sensor analysis on it. No problem whatsoever.

What a relief to get the most out of Sharpcap and my Mallincamsky cameras.

Dan Kahraman