versioin 2.9.3055 can't enter pro licence info

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
chongo228

versioin 2.9.3055 can't enter pro licence info

Post by chongo228 »

I bought the pro licence a few weeks ago. I was able to enter it into version 3.0 under the help tab with no problems. In version 2.9 I can't enter it.

Under help 2.9 only has view help, check updates, report a bug, show log, support forum, and about. I can''t find a place to enter my info. Am I doing something wrong?

I use 2.9 still because version 3.0 crashes sometimes.
admin
Site Admin

Re: versioin 2.9.3055 can't enter pro licence info

Post by admin »

Hi,

there's no way to (and no need to) enter the pro license in SharpCap 2.9 - SharpCap Pro was only added in SharpCap 3.0, so you get access to all the features in SharpCap 2.9 without needing a license.

If you have issues with SharpCap 3.0, do press 'Send' on any bug report messages that are shown and post in the Bugs section of the forum too if you want with a description of the problem.

cheers,

Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Good to know!!!

Most of the time when I have a problem I don't have internet access out in the field. So I have never pressed send. Do you know if sharpcap saves the message until it reaches the internet?
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Never mind.....I just read about the bug reports....I copy and pasted from the manual for anyone that needs to know

If not connected to the internet, press the down arrow next to Send and Quit which shows extra options including sending the bug report by email and saving it as a file which can be shared on the forums.

• Upload to S3 Bucket – the default action when pressing Send and Quit, report is uploaded to the internet. • Send via Email – when connected to internet. • Send report manually – the generated report will be saved as a zip file ready for manual submission to the forums.