SC4.0 freezes during livestacking and doesn't restart

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
DocHighCo

SC4.0 freezes during livestacking and doesn't restart

Post by DocHighCo »

Dear Robin,

last night I encountered a weird error while livestacking via the sequencer. After 3-4 livestacks the sequencer, livestacking and SC4.0 froze and couldn´t be restartet. I couldn´t even save a bug report and had to terminate SC via the task manager.
After that SC wouldn't start again and showed the following error:

I tried deinstalling Sharpcap and reinstalling the very latest version. I disconnected everything, restarted the laptop and started from scratch. Everytime I tried to restart Sharpcap resulted in the error above. I had to give up and call it a night in the end. This morning in daylight Sharpcap started at the first attempt. Last week I did a nights imaging with exactly the same configuration and Sharpcap version without any problems.

Any idea what is going on or what could have been interfering with Sharpcap? Is Amazon here the Amazon of Jeff Bezos or something else?

Regards

Heiko
DocHighCo

Re: SC4.0 freezes during livestacking and doesn't restart

Post by DocHighCo »

PS: Some version information:
The first version was 64bit version 4.0.8115. Then I reinstalled the 64-bit version 4.0.8138.0.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the screenshot that you have included is one you shouldn't really see - I had incorrectly left the bug reporting code in 'Testing' mode rather than 'Deploy' mode, so any errors when trying to report a bug/hang can cause that window to show. In your case I suspect you were not connected to the network at the time you tried to send the report. Normally the report would be sent the next time you run SharpCap while on the network, but I expect it is lost now :(

I will update SharpCap to fix the bug reporting test mode issue. If you see the bug again, choose 'send manually' from the drop down on the 'Send and Quit' button and then send me the zip file and I can investigate properly.

cheers,

Robin
DocHighCo

Post by DocHighCo »

OK,

but what has the "amazon web service" to do with Sharpcap and how can I avoid that Sharpcap gets a conflict with it. Or is it part of Sharpcap?

Regards

Heiko
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Amazon Web Services is where the uploaded bug reports get stored - it's cheaper and simpler to upload them to a storage space in the AWS cloud than to run a separate server to receive the uploads.

cheers,

Robin
DocHighCo

Post by DocHighCo »

Ok understood.
I ran yesterday the whole night with the same configuration and settings. There was no error. So far I cannot reproduce what happened.

Regards

Heiko