Pause button during capture does not change state

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
brisguy

Pause button during capture does not change state

Post by brisguy »

When trying to pause a capture, the pause button works (capture stops), but there is no visual feedback that the button has been pressed. The Pause button should change to say "Resume".
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pause button during capture does not change state

Post by admin »

Hi,

the expected behaviour is for the button to be highlighted in blue when 'Pause' is active - like this
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.57 KiB) Viewed 263 times
I think the highlighting might be slightly differnt looking on Win7/8 to Win10, but there should be some highlighting. Do you not get the highlighting happening at all, or is it just a bit subtle for you?

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Robin

Maybe he is in Nightvision mode. In there, the Pause button when activated, only has a thin line around it which is very difficult to see.
As I understood it, that is still on the To Do list for change?

Menno
brisguy

Post by brisguy »

Changing the background color is indeed subtle and contrary to every other 'transport control' interface I have seen. I would much prefer the text to change.

I did check and the behavior is as you said, with one big caveat. When the mouse is over the button, it automatically changes color to indicate that the button is under the mouse. So if a person simply leaves the mouse over the button and presses it, there is no change at all. This is what I was doing.

I realize now that this behavior occurs with most controls and drives me crazy with other toggle actions such as setting and clearing the Auto control on Output format. Maybe I will enter a 'feature request' on the topic...

Thanks for clarifying!