Bug with new buttons "Live view" and "Framing shot"

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
diant

Bug with new buttons "Live view" and "Framing shot"

Post by diant »

If you press the button "LiveStack" twice (LiveStack ON/OFF), the new buttons "Live view" and "Framing shot" become disabled forever.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug with new buttons "Live view" and "Framing shot"

Post by admin »

Hi,

what version of SharpCap and what camera? I can't make this happen in the latest version with the deep sky test camera, but maybe it depends on a particular camera. The Framing Shot and Live View buttons are disabled while live stack is active (correctly), but they come back when I deactivate it.

cheers,

Robin
diant

Post by diant »

Robin, hi!
Excuse me, but now I myself can't reproduce such bag... May be it was a chance?
If it happens once more, I'll write surely.

My camera - AZI178mm
SC - latest version 4.0.8138

Robin, I have one more request. I waited such possibility (still mode) many years, truly.
Now we have two wonderful buttons in still mode:
- Framing shot
- Framing shot quick
But I'm waiting - and with great benefit for me and (I hope) for others - a third button:
- Framing shot delayed
And if we could choosing that delay (in seconds) - my happiness will not be conscious of its limits :)
Very, very much I need a such delay possibility.

Anton
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Anton,

can you explain to me a bit about why you need the delay for the framing shot please? Knowing the reason that people want to do things helps me understand how features should work.

cheers,

Robin
diant

Post by diant »

Robin, there are many cases when such delay may safe my time. For example. My telescope is far from PC (PC at home and telescope is out) and on telescope tube hang now Bahtinov's mask. Focus has found and all ready to shot. Now I should go out from home, remove mask, go in to home again, press "Framing shot", go out again to do some my other tasks during exposure etc. With delay I can do it in one "going out" :) Another example. I prepare to image some scene where I must start some process (say, start luminescence excitation lamp's impulse before short-time luminescence). I never could do it without second person - because when I start lamp's impulse at scene I am absent near PC and vice verse. With delay all such troubles would go away.

Some dreams...
If I could press button "Framing shot multiple" with 3 option:
- delay before first shot
- number shots (with their saving)
- interval between shots
... all possibilities would be covered.
With such button, for example, it would be possible to image sky with a fixed DSLR camera with and without IR filter for "a one going out" from home.

If speak short, for years of my imaging practice it has collected a lot of situation where delayed imaging would be a very benefit one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm not quite seeing how this would fit nicely into the UI just yet, so it might be best for you to use SharpCap scripting to customize your SharpCap to give you the additional buttons you want - for instance this script

Code: Select all

from time import sleep
def delayedFramingShot():
	sleep(10)
	SharpCap.SelectedCamera.BeginFramingShot()

SharpCap.AddCustomButton("Delayed Framing Shot", None, None, delayedFramingShot)
will add a delayed framing shot button that waits 10 seconds when pressed and then takes a framing shot. You can tweak this further and also get this to be loaded every time you start SharpCap (see the scripting part of the documentation - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#!2!Scripting, https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Start- ... ipts%20Tab)

cheers,

Robin
diant

Post by diant »

Robin, thank you very much!
It is work, and it is so easy :)
I've never used scripts (and had no thought about the possibility to add a button in such way).
Great!

Anton