Sharpcap 4.0 focusing

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Tomatobro

Sharpcap 4.0 focusing

Post by Tomatobro »

When in Focus setup and test is used the method uses Multistar
When in sequence planner the first focus method is FWHM which puts the small red box on the display but does not allow the box to be moved or changed.
As a result the box sits over a starless part of the sky and focusing fails due to no stars found.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap 4.0 focusing

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think it is actually using multi-star FWHM, but that now supports selecting a region of the frame to work with, and the region and whether it is active is being remembered from previous times you have used the focus tool, which is wrong. I will change the sequencer to disable the region selection when starting the focus procedure, which should fix the problem.

thanks,

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

thanks Robin. Will this be an version update or something I will need to change?

If its clear again tonight I will load the focus assistant and resize the rectangular box to fill the whole image screen, then go to sequence planner and see if this workaround gives me a temporary fix
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

download the latest version from the downloads page - I put up a new version this afternoon that should have the fix in (4.0.8135). If that doesn't help then your plan of resizing manually should work.

cheers,

Robin
Tomatobro

Post by Tomatobro »

Just to confirm that the fix has corrected the problem