Live stacking stacks one frame then goes on forever with nothing more

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
jtrezzo

Live stacking stacks one frame then goes on forever with nothing more

Post by jtrezzo »

So this is simply driving me bonkers. I have tried at least 6 different occassions now, with 4 different cameras all with the same result. I try to use live stacking and it will download one frame, say a 30 second frame, so it has one frame in a stack, then the next frame just never finishes. It keeps going and going 30...60...90...12000. I cannot for the life of me get it to stack more than one frame. I have no idea what else to try. It does this on ASI1600MM, QHY224C, QHY247C, QHY174M. The camera does not matter. Any ideas on what to try? I would really like to be able to use live stacking, it seems like it would be pretty nice...even bought Sharpcap Pro but its useless.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live stacking stacks one frame then goes on forever with nothing more

Post by admin »

The most common reason for live stacking not to add any more frames is not finding enough stars to align or having the FWHM setting too low so that frames get rejected. This would then lead to a warning message at the top of the display after 5 frames failed to stack like this. However this doesn't sound like the problem you are describing...

To get to the bottom of this, please could you send me

1) A screenshot of the application after the problem has happened
2) The full contents of the main sharpcap log (Help menu -> Show Log)
3) A copy of the text in the Live stacking log tab (click in the box, press CTRL+A to select all text then CTRL+C to copy it).

It's also a good idea to test out live stacking using the 'Test Camera 1 (Deep Sky)' camera. This is a simulated camera and if you still get a problem with this camera then we do not have to worry about considering hardware related issues.

thanks,

Robin