Updating the software

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
melvin

Updating the software

Post by melvin »

Hello I have just purchased a new ZWO ASI 120 mc camera and downloaded the drivers but when I tried to download the latest version of Sharpcap it would not. From version to version should the software override the previous version as well as all relevant details such as displaying the version on your laptop/pc.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Updating the software

Post by admin »

Hi Melvin,

can't quite work out from your description if you were trying to run the update from within SharpCap or if you were downloading the latest version from the web site. Also, which version were you trying to update from?

thanks,

Robin
melvin

Post by melvin »

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to upload the latest version which I think is 3. 0.4016, released November. No I was not in Sharpcap, would it over write the older version if I was to open it then update?
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Melvin,

ok, so if you have (say) 3.0.3994 installed and you download and install 3.0.4016, then the installation of the new version will automatically remove the 3.0.3994 version that is on your computer.

But... if you currently have 2.9.3086 on your computer and you download and install 3.0.4016, then it will *NOT* uninstall your SharpCap 2.9, so now you will have SharpCap 2.9 and SharpCap 3.0 on your computer and you can run either (they don't interfere with each other - you could even run both at once). Later on you could install a SharpCap 3.1 version too, and then you'd have 2.9, 3.0 and 3.1 on your computer.

Hope that helps,

Robin
melvin

Post by melvin »

Thanks.