Framerate between 1 and 2 fps

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
TigerClaw35

Framerate between 1 and 2 fps

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi,

I am using the newest SharpCap beta 4.0 32 Bit Edition with ZWO ASI 178 Kamera. I have MC and Mono camera and with both I get a framerate of 1-2fps. With the SharpCap 3.2 it's working fine with 99-100fps. Maybe a bug?

best regards,
Raul
admin
Site Admin

Re: Framerate between 1 and 2 fps

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you try a slightly older version - 4.0.7957 - which you can find further down the downloads page. Versions after that have a software update from ZWO in them and I've already had reports that it causes problems with reduced frame rates on the ASI183 camera.

thanks,

Robin
TigerClaw35

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi,

with the version before I didn't have a problem. But I will try it again.

Best regards,
Raul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

another thing to check is the 'Turbo USB' setting of the camera - sometimes setting that too high (or the auto value ending up too high) can cause frame rates to collapse down to very low values.

Obviously also check that the exposure is properly set as a 0.5s exposure inevitably leads to a maximum of 2fps, etc.

cheers,

Robin
TigerClaw35

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi,

if I start SharpCap v4.0.8026 with ZWO ASI 178MC and ZWO filter wheel.

I set 800x600 and Exp. 8ms. FPS is 100. If I start a record I get 10 fps. If I start ADC Tool and close it I get during a record only 1 or 2 FPS. If I stop the record it shows me 100 fps again. So sometimes I hgave 1 fps and sometimes 10.

BTW: If I disconnect the filter wheel the ADC tool it seems to crash. So I tried to close it and after 2 minutes it close.

Best regards,
Raul PCPointer.de
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

ah, the ADC tool - there is a bug that makes it consume too much CPU at high frame rates - I hope to publish a fix for that this afternoon.

cheers,

Robin
TigerClaw35

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi,

yes, this could be one of the reasons. I will test it after the fix.

Best regards,
Raul
TigerClaw35

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Good morning,

I tested the new version. The ADC fox is working but I have the same problem. 30fps during live view and if I start record I get 1-2 FPS. I tested it with ZWO ASI 178MC and also mono version.

Beat regards,
Raul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you please do a test capture that shows the problem and then capture SharpCap's log content and post it here - that will hopefully give me some clues about what might be going on in 4.0.

thanks,

Robin
TigerClaw35

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi Robin,

I tested my both ZWO ASI 178 MM/MC with the newest SharpCap version and for let's say 10 minutes framerate was fine. But for one second to the other during recording again only some FPS. SharpCap 3.2 still works fine. Only SharpCap 4.0 makes problem with FPS. And because I have 2 ZWO ASI 178 cameras this cannot be only a camera problem.

Best regards,
Raul