Images saved during dithering

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
encelade18

Images saved during dithering

Post by encelade18 »

Hello Robin,

I use SharpCap pro v4.0.7976.0 32 bits with ASI533MCPro camera and PHD2 Guiding 2.6.10
I command PHD2 dithering with the LiveStack finctionnality

On SharpCap, camera control panel, i configured Raw16, Fits, exposure 60s and i want a dithering every 300s

My problem is following:
Sharpcap seems command Dithering correctelly to PHD2 every 300ms, but when Dithring occurs, Shapcap save a 60s blurred image because it does not stop the image acquisition during dithering !
(I previoussely used Sharpcap 3.2.6480.0, PHD2 Guiding 2.6.9 and i never had any problem with these softwares versions.)

See Attachments:
- A 60s image saved during dithering (frame_00007.jpg)
- Screenshots of my configuration

Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards
Olivier
Attachments
cfg_Sharpcap_LiveStack_03.png
cfg_Sharpcap_LiveStack_03.png (79.46 KiB) Viewed 535 times
cfg_Sharpcap_LiveStack_02.png
cfg_Sharpcap_LiveStack_02.png (42.83 KiB) Viewed 535 times
cfg_Sharpcap_LiveStack_01.png
cfg_Sharpcap_LiveStack_01.png (36.43 KiB) Viewed 535 times
frame_00007.jpg
frame_00007.jpg (266.85 KiB) Viewed 535 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Images saved during dithering

Post by admin »

Hi Olivier,

that shouldn't happen :(

If you can find the SharpCap log file that was captured for the imaging session and share it with me, along with a unchanged copy of the problem raw frame (so I can see its timestamps), I may be able to work out what is going on by tracking the timestamps of the raw frame against the log entries.

You can find previous log files in the log folder - that can most easily be opened by going to the File Menu, then Show Log, then using the 'Locate on Disk' button. The file names of the log files will contain the time that you started running SharpCap, where the 'modified time' will be the time you closed SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
encelade18

Post by encelade18 »

Hello Robin,

See joined log file
and the related raw file as url link (the file have a unknow extension file and is too big to be downloaded if zipped )
http://encelade18.free.fr/_test/frame_00007.fits

Regards
Olivier
Attachments
Log_2021-07-18T01_23_12-2088.log
(73.99 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Ok, I know what happened - I goofed slightly in the latest when trying to make a change to the ZWO code to deal with the exposure changing during long exposures - the change I wanted to only apply in 'still mode' also ended up applying in live mode when the exposure was more than 2s. Basically it meant that the dithering changing the exposure to 1s was ineffective in version 4.0.7976.

Sorry about that - I already have a fix for the issue which I expect to release in an update later today. Until now, I had not realised that the issue would affect live stack dithering :(

cheers,

Robin
encelade18

Post by encelade18 »

Hello Robin,

Thank you for your responsiveness and for the new software release.
I will use it ASAP to test the fix.

Regards
Olivier