autostack information file missing?

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
timh

autostack information file missing?

Post by timh »

Hi Robin,

Sharpcap is saving raw files and stacks from livestacking OK but the note files listing the stacking conditions that normally appear under the 'processed' subfolder were absent?

Last night I was running stacks of 0.5s lights and dithering without guiding (not sure yet whether the mount moved or not), collecting raw files and also autostacking every 2min -- and so the computer was doing a lot quickly.

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Re: autostack information file missing?

Post by admin »

Hi Tim,

what I see when using the auto-save-and-reset is that the 'processed' folder has two images in it (one with display stretch and one without) and one settings file. I think both settings files for the two images end up with the same name, so it gets written once and then overwritten with the same info in it again.

Are you not seeing any settings files in that folder? Can you check your log as you should see entries for the capture settings files being written in the log (and potentially a message if any error is occuring)

Code: Select all

Info   	14:49:47.958248	#33	Saved stack as seen to C:\Users\robin\Desktop\SharpCap Captures\2021-07-15\Capture\14_48_47\processed\Stack_60frames_60s.png				in string SharpCap.FrameTransforms.LiveStacking.LiveStackSaveManager.SaveFrameAsSeen(string filename)
Info   	14:49:47.958248	#1 	Writing capture settings file to C:\Users\robin\Desktop\SharpCap Captures\2021-07-15\Capture\14_48_47\processed\Stack_60frames_60s.CameraSettings.txt			in void SharpCap.Models.Camera.WriteCaptureSettingsTextAndHistogram(bool writeHistogram, string filename, string contents)
Debug  	14:49:47.959273	#1 	Notification (Status=OK): Stack processed and saved to C:\Users\robin\Desktop\SharpCap Captures\2021-07-15\Capture\14_48_47\processed\Stack_60frames_60s.png				in void SharpCap.UI.NotificationViewModel.DisplayMessage(NotificationMessage message)
I presume you are SharpCap 4.0, yes?

cheers,

Robin
timh

Post by timh »

Apologies Robin

It was just a silly mistake on my part. Yes I am using the latest version of 4 and my mistake was to have left the appropriate box unticked under the General Settings menu. I noticed just as I was setting up tonight and now all is working just fine.

thanks
Tim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Tim,

yes, that would explain it :)

no worries!

Robin