Switching LiveView on attempts to connect to the mount

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
danielrivet

Switching LiveView on attempts to connect to the mount

Post by danielrivet »

My mount was powered down.(testing my camera settings ahead of the eclipse). Connect hardware automaticaly is selected in the hardware settings. I get initial message when I connect camera that my mount is not connected. All this is normal at this point.

My initial setting is "Still Mode" I press Live View to turn it on:
Problem # 1, I again get message that mount is not connected, and I get this message every time I turn Live view on or off.

I powered on the mount. It appears and shows "Connected" in the Scope Control
Problem # 2 Even if it shows connected, the slew controls remained grayed out as well as the rate . I click off "connected" and click it back on and everything is back to normal.

Hope this info helps

Thanks
Attachments
Log_2021-06-06T20_04_14-11696.log
(170.86 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Switching LiveView on attempts to connect to the mount

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for reporting - you can work around this for now by going to the hardware settings and unchecking the box 'Connect hardware automatically when opening a camera'.

With that box checked, SharpCap should attempt to connect to the mount when the camera is opened, but it doing it again and again every time you switch live view (or change certain camera settings) is a problem. I will try to fix that.

cheers,

Robin
danielrivet

Re: Switching LiveView on attempts to connect to the mount

Post by danielrivet »

Seems it got fixed with 4.0.7859. Now working ok. In the mean time I also fixed a problem with my tp-link USB3.0 hub (UH-700) I got rid of it!. It may have been contributing to the problem.

Thanks

Daniel