v.3.1.4608 twitching

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
donboy

v.3.1.4608 twitching

Post by donboy »

Just that - the image twitches. Using QHY5L-II with Win 10 Pro.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: v.3.1.4608 twitching

Post by admin »

By twitching do you mean the image jumping horizontally or vertically? Or do you mean it not updating smoothly so that it has a jerky look when viewing?

I can't actually recommend using the QHY5LII cameras with SharpCap 3 or 3.1 (possibly even 2.9) as there is a bug in the recent version of the QHY SDK for these cameras that means that the gain is always too high (low gains are not accessible - no matter the position of the gain control). I think you have to go back to SharpCap 2.8 to get a version where the gain control on these cameras works properly.

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Robin,

I never have had an issue with the QHY5L-II with SC. I use it all the time to do polar alignment when the imaging camera won't do.

The image moves horizontally in a twitching motion.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah that's ok then, you'll be fine with high gain for polar alignment. It's people who want the lower gain levels that have a problem...

Not seen the horizontal jumps myself - did they happen in 4602? That had the previous QHY SDK in, and if that version was good then it's a bug in the new SDK.

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Didn't happen in previous version and I haven't updated the SDK for the QHY5L-II. We won't have skies for a several days so I'll try and duplicate with a daytime image and see if it is QHY combo or with one of my other cameras. I'll also download the software and reinstall.

Don
donboy

Post by donboy »

Just retested and the twitching is just with the QHY5L-IIm and not my other cameras and with only this version 3.1.4680. It is most apparent at 1/8 to 1/2 sec although it does it at shorter and longer exposures but not as apparent.

Atleast I can use the camera with the previous versions so no biggy.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, just tested with my QHY5II-C and with the latest SDK I see a purple bar down the right of the image and it jumps to the right/left about 2 pixels when the 'speed' control is set to 1 or 2 - it's OK on speed zero. I don't see the problem with previous SDK versions.

Does this agree with what you are seeing?

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Reported to QHY.

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »