Camer connected but no menu options or control panel

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
castorpolu11

Camer connected but no menu options or control panel

Post by castorpolu11 »

My ASI385MC is recognized by SharpCap, I select it, the live view works, but the menus all stay greyed out and the control panel does not populate. Menu and control panel work 1/4 times I connect the camera. Thouhts?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camer connected but no menu options or control panel

Post by admin »

Hi,

sounds like a USB data flow issue - are you using a long or extended USB cable? See the USB troubleshooting page for more suggestiong : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556

Basically sometimes the USB system can work well enough to detect the camera, but when you open the camera and try to transfer high speed video data over USB, everything falls over.

cheers,

Robin
castorpolu11

Post by castorpolu11 »

Thank you for that reply, I really appreciate the support. Turns out it had something to do with the interaction between devices. I learned that if I allow Sharpcap to launch iOptron commander rather than start it before sharpcap the issue does not occur.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

ah, you can sometimes get that sort of problem if another program running 'As Administrator' and launches the ASCOM driver, which also ends up running as administrator. You can either fix that sort of thing the way you have or you can try running SharpCap 'as administrator'.

cheers,

Robin