Live Stacking/Guiding Works - Sequencer Not

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Rcamkes

Live Stacking/Guiding Works - Sequencer Not

Post by Rcamkes »

I’ve used both live stacking and sequencer with PHD2 and ST4 connections with no issues.

I recently switched to EQMOD. Everything seemed to work fine after I figured out calibration. I had to uncheck the box in PHD2 “Stop guiding while slewing” because I couldn’t calibrate because of error “stopped guiding because telescope slewing”. After I unchecked this, got calibrated and started guiding. Never had this problem with ST4 guiding.

So I move over to Sharpcap, set up sequencer and hit run. I made a mistake and walked away and left it to do it’s thing. I had the dither set for 80 sec and the image exposure set for 90 sec. I used these settings in live stacking before without issue. I came back, and no images. Grrr. The log first showed guiding ok, but when it tried to do the next exposure, apparently it thought it lost guiding. A quick check to PHD2 and it was still guiding fine. I tried a couple other settings, no luck.

I move over to live stacking, set same parameters, everything works fine, capturing exposures and dithering.

I’d much rather use sequencer. HELP

Log:

Attached and linked

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApVhFoAO6D9ngP99dUz0DeII-q--JA
Attachments
Log_2021-04-19T21_28_50-2576.log
(485.86 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Stacking/Guiding Works - Sequencer Not

Post by admin »

Hi,

I don't think it is actually anything to do with guiding - nothing at all happens in the log between 22:04 (when the sequence connects to PHD and the first capture starts) and 22:47 (when you cancel).

It looks like the camera got stuck capturing the first frame and never completed that capture. I have been looking at this problem with some QHY cameras in the last couple of days and I think I may have a fix (at least it fixes it for my 294C, hopefully for your 268 too). When you switch back to live stacking, the camera goes back into video mode which is not affected by the problem.

Keep an eye out for the next update of 4.0 (later this week) and give it a test to see if it resolves the problem.

cheers,

Robin
Rcamkes

Re: Live Stacking/Guiding Works - Sequencer Not

Post by Rcamkes »

Thank you!