Sensor Analysis Crashes for DSLR at 1600 gain

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
tedd1987

Sensor Analysis Crashes for DSLR at 1600 gain

Post by tedd1987 »

I tried running a sensor analysis with my Canon DSLR (T6i) but about 20-25 minutes into it it crashes. I tried it twice and it crashed at the same time. At the top of the screen it says that the ASCOM camera has been disconnected. It seems to happen when it is cycling through the different gain settings and reaches 1600 gain and gets toward the shorter exposure times for that gain setting. I'm attaching the latest log.
Attachments
Log_2021-04-10T17_56_25-5644.log
(130.08 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis Crashes for DSLR at 1600 gain

Post by admin »

Hi,

from the SharpCap log, it certainly looks like the ASCOM driver has suddenly reported the camera as being disconnected once it gets to measuring 'gain 4' (ISO 1600). SharpCap has obviously asked for an image to be captured and then it asks if the image is ready and gets the disconnected response. It doesn't look like a hardware disconnection, as SharpCap listens for hardware added/removed events and they go in the log (you can see near the end there are removal events for the camera being unplugged).

Maybe the logging from the ASCOM .DSLR driver will reveal more - you can configure that in the settings
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (34.24 KiB) Viewed 652 times
I think the ASCOM logs end up in an 'ASCOM' folder inside your default 'Documents' folder.

Robin
tedd1987

Post by tedd1987 »

Here are the two ASCOM DSLR logs from both crashes.
Attachments
ASCOM.DSLR.1824.573010.txt
(105.2 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
ASCOM.DSLR.1756.570350.txt
(115.66 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

so both of those logs end with an error :

Code: Select all

18:24:39.558 Camera error.             TAKE_PICTURE_CARD_NG

18:50:24.149 Camera error.             TAKE_PICTURE_AF_NG
I'm going to guess that NG might be 'Not Good', in which case one of them could have failed due to a memory card error and the other due to autofocus? Odd that it would happen at the same place though.

You might be best posting in the ASCOM.DSLR thread over on Cloudy Nights - I think the developers of the driver participate and they would have more detailed knowledge of the internals than I do.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/7076 ... ntax-sony/

Robin