SharpCap doesn't stay connected to ASCCOM Gemini

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
kbthomas

SharpCap doesn't stay connected to ASCCOM Gemini

Post by kbthomas »

I have SharpCap 3.2.6482 and my Mount is a Losmandy G11 with Gemini-2 controller (latest firmware and ASCOM driver). Under SharpCap settings, Hardware I've selected Gemini Telescope .NET. When I select Properties, the ASCOM GeminiTelescope server starts and displays Mount is Connected. Then, Immediately after, Mount is Disconnected is displayed. The mount s not connected. If I hit Properties, the process repeats. Is this a known problem?
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap doesn't stay connected to ASCCOM Gemini

Post by admin »

Hi,

when you use the properties button in the SharpCap settings, it briefly connects to the mount and then shows the settings window for the ASCOM mount. To actually use the mount in SharpCap, you then need to open a camera. In the camera controls you will see a Mount section added, which will have a 'Connected' checkbox that you can tick. When you do that you should stay connected.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.79 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Robin