Crashing when connecting cameras, or adjusting images.

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
AMAZINGMRBOOGS

Crashing when connecting cameras, or adjusting images.

Post by AMAZINGMRBOOGS »

I got a new camera yesterday (Svbony sb305) It worked great, but then at the start of my session it stopped working and kept crashing. I tried disconnecting cameras, reinstalling, etc. Another issue that gets me is pressing " Adjust " under Image Controls. Please help :(
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashing when connecting cameras, or adjusting images.

Post by admin »

Hi,

the 'Adjust' button performs a white balance auto-adjustment based on the current image in view - it's usual to put something white in front of the camera and then perform the white balance adjustment and then leave the white balance settings alone.

If you see a particular error message when using the camera then please post a screenshot showing it - that will help a lot in tracking down what is going on. I've usually found the SVB cameras to be quite reliable, but there are a lot of other factors like Windows version, up-to-date drivers, USB cables and hubs that can influence this.

Robin
AMAZINGMRBOOGS

Post by AMAZINGMRBOOGS »

Target site: SVB_ERROR_CODE SVBGetVideoData(Int32, IntPtr, Int32, Int32) @ SharpCap.Cameras.SVBony.SVBonyDLL

AMAZINGMRBOOGS

Post by AMAZINGMRBOOGS »

Sorry i forgot about adding this, Im using windows 10 pro and a Intel i7 8th gen core, with 8 GB of RAM, latest sharpcap version and i did install drivers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks, I have located your error reports and I can see that the SVB SDK is creating an error when SharpCap tries to fetch the image data. It seems to be trying to divide something by zero inside the SDK and then reporting that error.

One thing I can suggest to try is to hold down the CTRL key while opening the camera - that stops SharpCap from remembering the last used settings for the camera, so they all get put back to default. If the problem is being caused by a camera setting having a particular value that might just fix the problem.

If that doesn't help then I will need to pass the bug on to SVB to see if they have any ideas.

Robin
AMAZINGMRBOOGS

Post by AMAZINGMRBOOGS »

I tried holding Ctrl several times, no luck sadly. :(
I tried turning auto off on all of the settings and adjusting some others to no avail.
Im starting to think that maybe its my camera? I've tried different laptops to use with it but on the slim chance my camera does connect properly, the image is just a blue, red, and green splash on the screen, even if my telescope is focused correctly.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I reported the problem to SVBony, but haven't had any response yet. Hopefully they will be able to find it and fix it at some point soon.

cheers,

Robin
AMAZINGMRBOOGS

Post by AMAZINGMRBOOGS »

Thank you, Robin!

Hopefully I can keep using it soon :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I had an updated SDK from SVBony today - they have not looked into your issue yet, but they would like to know whether the update fixes it (who knows, maybe it does!)

Could you please try this version and see if it is any improvement : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 4.0.7715.0

If you still get a crash, please send the bug report.

thanks,

Robin