Sharpcap Failed to Install

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
BlueAstra

Sharpcap Failed to Install

Post by BlueAstra »

Hi, I've just purchased an Altair 178M camera, and I've just tried downloading Sharpcap 3.0. Unfortunately I get an error when I try to install Sharpcap. The laptop is an HP Touchsmart TX2, AMD Turion X2 2.2GHz, 3G RAM, running W Vista SP2 32bit. I've enclosed the error log. Can anyone help?

Graham
Attachments
SharpCap_3.0_20171019103050.log
(7.4 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap Failed to Install

Post by admin »

Hi,

from the log it looks like your machine may be installing updates in the background which could be part of the problem. The thing that is failing is the installation of the .Net Framework v4.5.2, so try installing that manually (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=42643) and then retry SharpCap once that is installed.

cheers,

Robin
BlueAstra

Re: Sharpcap Failed to Install

Post by BlueAstra »

Thanks for the quick reply. It was apparently downloading a large AVG update. It turns out that I already had Net 4.5.2 installed. I also had an old version of SharpCap (1.5.0.316) which I uninstalled. I've run the installer again, and it has now installed OK.

Graham