Problem connecting ASCOM mount

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
twentymeters

Problem connecting ASCOM mount

Post by twentymeters »

when attempting a connection to my ASCOM mount I get the error:

Error connecting to ASCOM Mount: Type mismatch

is this something seen before?
let me know if you need more detail

thanks,
-Ian
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem connecting ASCOM mount

Post by admin »

Hi Ian,

what sort of mount are you using - it would also be useful for you to post the SharpCap log, which may contain more details of the issue that occurred.

cheers,

Robin
dbunna2

Post by dbunna2 »

Robin,

I'm also having a problem connecting to a Celestron mount via an ASCOM hub with a similar error message. There is no problem when I connect directly to the Celestron without going through hub so don't loose too much sleep over my part of the problem. The Celestron ASCOM driver is the latest on http://www.ascom-standards.org/Download ... rivers.htm

The mount can connect successfully to other software (Sequence Generator Pro, Stellarium Scope).

The log is 42K so I've chosen to past what I think are the needed bits below. FWIW I get an error message when I try to attach the log. It complains that the file has the wrong extension.

Info: 10:43:00.0517599 Thread:#1 SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper..ctor(String deviceName, String progId) :: Creating ASCOM Telescope mount of type Hub.Telescope ('Generic Hub')
Debug: 10:43:00.3449015 Thread:#1 SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper..ctor(String deviceName, String progId) :: Ended
Info: 10:43:02.7777511 Thread:#1 SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper.TryConnect() :: The mount claims to be I_Hub->Celestron Nexstar+ Costco GT 5.28, Hub->Celestron Nexstar+ Costco GT 5.28
Ascom Hub ActiveX tool 5.0.6
Developed by Jon Brewster
Copyright © 2007, Jon Brewster
An ASCOM driver hub

Connected to a scope driver with the following information:
ASCOM.Celestron.Telescope, 6.0.5978.13259
The ASCOM Initiative
Copyright © 2015 Chris Rowland
ASCOM Telescope driver for Celestron
Scope Type Nexstar+ Costco GT 5.28, ASCOM Celestron Telescope Driver., 6.0
Debug: 10:43:02.7847545 Thread:#1 SharpCap.Cameras.NewDirectShow.FrameRatePropertyControl.PopulateValueList() :: Started
Debug: 10:43:02.7857556 Thread:#1 SharpCap.Cameras.NewDirectShow.FrameRatePropertyControl.PopulateValueList() :: Ended
Info: 10:43:02.8799544 Thread:#1 SharpCap.Models.Transforms.set_SelectedTransform(Transform value) :: Selecting transform None
Info: 10:43:02.8899620 Thread:#1 SharpCap.Base.CaptureProviderBase`1.StartPreview() :: Ended
Error: 10:43:02.9780294 Thread:#1 SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper.GetSlewRates(Int32 axis) :: Exception from Couldn't get slew rates via IEnumerable : Type mismatch
Stack Trace: at ASCOM.Interface.ITelescope.AxisRates(TelescopeAxes Axis)
at SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper.GetSlewRates(Int32 axis) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap\src\SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM\MountWrapper.cs:line 180
Extra Info:
Error: 10:43:02.9890376 Thread:#1 SharpCap.ViewModels.MountViewModel..ctor(Mount model) :: Exception from Attempting to activate mount Generic Hub : Type mismatch
Stack Trace: at ASCOM.Interface.ITelescope.AxisRates(TelescopeAxes Axis)
at SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper.GetSlewRates(Int32 axis) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap\src\SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM\MountWrapper.cs:line 186
at SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM.MountWrapper.GetSlewRates() in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap\src\SharpCap.MountProxy.ASCOM\MountWrapper.cs:line 164
at SharpCap.ViewModels.MountViewModel.CreateRates() in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap\src\SharpCap\ViewModels\MountViewModel.cs:line 111
at SharpCap.ViewModels.MountViewModel..ctor(Mount model) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap\src\SharpCap\ViewModels\MountViewModel.cs:line 29
Extra Info:
Warning: 10:43:06.6774241 Thread:#1 SharpCap.Models.Application.ShowMessageBox(String message, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defButton) :: MessageBox: Error connecting to ASCOM Mount :
Type mismatch
Warning: 10:43:06.6774241 Thread:#1 SharpCap.Models.Application.ShowMessageBox(String message, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defButton) :: MessageBox: User Chose:OK
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, now that's interesting because I have a Celestron SE mount lurking out in the observatory that rarely sees use, but it might be worth dragging it inside to see if it can repro this issue (which - fingers crossed - might be the same issue that Ian is seeing).

cheers,

Robin