Display control and image control

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
melvin

Display control and image control

Post by melvin »

Hi there I have been trying for days now to achieve focus but no luck yet. On the image control panel the Gamma and Contrast are both (sliders) greyed out and the only ones I can adjust are on the display control panel. What other settings do I have to move in order to get them both adjustable. I have elected and reinstalled the latest version. I am running the programme on a HP Pavillion with Windows 7. Also what is the difference between mono8 and mono12?
turfpit

Re: Display control and image control

Post by turfpit »

Melvin

See MONO8 and MONO16 (MONO12) here http://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#Colour% ... 0Explained for information on Colour Spaces.

What camera do you have?

Dave
melvin

Post by melvin »

Hi my camera is a gp130 mono
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is a control 'Digital Processing' which you have to turn to 'On (Slower)' to enable the gamma/brightness/contrast for the Altair cameras.

If you are planning on stacking your images it is usually better not to perform this sort of digital processing on the individual frames, but to capture the frames as-is, stack and then adjust at the end.

cheers,

Robin