PHD2 and SC compatibility

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Didier27

PHD2 and SC compatibility

Post by Didier27 »

Hello,
I use 2 cameras, Altair 385C and Altair 294C Protec with success with SC but can't use PHD2 + 385C and SC + 294C Protec at the same time.
The cameras are connected through ASCOM GS Server. PHD settings are: Camera: Altair astro camera ASCOM driver, Mount: ASCOM GS Sky Telescope.
The 294C Protec is connected to SC via USB 2.0. PHD2 works great until I start SC. As soon as SC works and refresh the image PHD2 freezes. When I disconnect the 294C camera in SC PHD2 works again. I tried to change the parameters in PHD2 without success sofar. Thanks to advise.
admin
Site Admin

Re: PHD2 and SC compatibility

Post by admin »

Hi,

this sounds like the sort of thing that can happen when using a USB hub to allow multiple cameras to connect to the PC via a single USB port - basically when a camera like the 294C with high resolution starts running it steals all the bandwidth and stops the other camera from working.

If you can, try bringing both cameras back to separate USB ports on the PC with separate cables and see if that helps. Also consider turning down the USB Speed control for the 294 in SharpCap and setting a longer exposure for the 294 - both of these changes will reduce the USB load from the camera.

Robin
Didier27

Re: PHD2 and SC compatibility

Post by Didier27 »

;) exactly what happened, I'm using a Silex D600 to get only 1 cable with RJ45 connected to my PC(remote control) and since I redispatched USB 2 together and USB 1 together it works. In addition I reduced to minimum the UDB speed in SC. The connection looks stable now. Thanks for your help.