Possible bug issue in SC4 latest

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Chris A

Possible bug issue in SC4 latest

Post by Chris A »

Hi Robin & other's

I am not too sure if this is an issue using SC4 ever since you offered the beta (up to the latest version) from the SC3.2 Pro or a computer issue, but Sharpcap crashes when I go to the stack live enhancement and apply any of the sharpening features. Sharpcap though does not crash when I use the blur features under enhancement. Also, I can use any of the enhancement features up to the latest version in SC 3.2 Pro without it crashing. I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this behavior?

Thank you!

Chris A
admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug issue in SC4 latest

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

thanks for reporting - I only get the problem with the Weiner Deconvolution (and I have a fix now). Are you seeing a crash with Unsharp Mask (and if so, please give me some more details on your setup - camera, resolution, PC specs including CPU and memory, 32 or 64 bit version of SharpCap).

cheers,

Robin
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Robin, if my memory serves me right I believe it did only crash when I selected the Weiner Deconvolution because I do remember selecting Unsharp Mask first and then right away selected Weiner Deconvolution and that's when Sharpcap crashed on me. I will install the next fix that you post for the Weiner Deconvolution and try it again, then will update you. Thank you, Robin for the fast response!

Chris A
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Robin, just to let you know that I tried your most latest recent sc 4 release and the crashing that I had in Sharcap prior to this version is completely gone using all enhancement features in the live stacking. Thanks again for your excellent dedication and fine work.

Cheers,

Chris A
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

glad it's working - thanks for confirming!

Robin