Sensor Analysis hangs

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
DanK

Sensor Analysis hangs

Post by DanK »

Sensor Analysis on the Mallincamsky DS26c camera hangs in the early stage of the analysis. Sharpcap 3.2 64 bit

File is attached
Attachments
Log_2021-02-26T17_08_16-6196.log
Sensor Analysis cannot get past this stage
(60.03 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis hangs

Post by admin »

Hi,

from what I can see in the log it looks as though the camera has just stopped responding - Since the analysis takes lots of frames and makes lots of settings changes, any instability in the ASCOM driver can be very problematic .

Try using the SharpCap 4.0 beta and putting the camera into still mode (live view off) - that means the analysis can run with fewer frames needed as it does not have to wait for several frames after each change to ensure that the image actually reflects the changed value.

Robin
DanK

Post by DanK »

Robin:

Thanks for the suggestions. Using beta 4.0 is easy. I don't know how you do live view off but I will look into it. It is a large sensor too so maybe live view places heavy demands on resources.

Dan Kahraman
DanK

Post by DanK »

No luck getting sensor analysis to work in SC beta 4.00
Sensor Analysis does not work in "still mode"
I reinstalled the Mallincomsky drivers including the ASCOM drivers and restarted the Sensor Analyis. No luck. Gets hung up in the same area all the time.

I will have to guesstimate the right exposure levels for this camera based on the values I get for the DS10c at bin1 and use the same values (Gain and Exposure) on the DS26c at bin2.

I don't know who writes Mallincamsky's ASCOM code and what area based on what you have said "needs to be strengthened".

This is getting a little to hairy for me and I will use the approach I stated on line #4. I don't have any other option.
DanK

Post by DanK »

Robin:

My only option is live view off but sensor analysis doesn't run in this mode in Beta 4.0 version of Sharpcap. Turning live view off puts SC into "still view" mode.

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dan,

sensor analysis in still view mode should work in the latest beta versions - I'm just running it on an Altair camera via the ASCOM driver in still mode as I write. Just put the camera into still mode and choose the menu option - it will trigger frame captures as required automatically during the process.

cheers,

Robin
DanK

Post by DanK »

Robin:

Got it.

Dan Kahraman