Backlash by SC not turning off

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
chongo228

Backlash by SC not turning off

Post by chongo228 »

version 3.3.7.190

I've suspected this was a bug in the past but tonight I confirmed it.

I was experimenting with figuring out backlash. I turned compensation to "none" in the SC menu and ran the multi star auto focus in and out several times and my curves were dead on. To get it to really turn off I had to lower the number to zero in the "handled by SC" field which would default back to 1 and then select none. Then my curves stopped lining up when I did my testing. I did hit apply and could see the profile reload after but the compensation was still there.

PS- this method works pretty well. I turn backlash off and run the focuser tool in and out about 5 times. I record the difference each time in the focus position and average it out after. That number is my backlash....could be an easy tool/feature for SC to add down the road.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Backlash by SC not turning off

Post by admin »

Hi,

the workaround should just be to uncheck and then re-check the 'Connected' box on the focuser - this re-reads the backlash settings. I will change the code to do this automatically when you press apply/ok having changed the settings.

I agree that the measurement of backlash would be a great tool - already have it somewhere on the todo list :)

cheers,

Robin