3.3.7146 sequencer error

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
chongo228

3.3.7146 sequencer error

Post by chongo228 »

I saved a sequence that I built during the daylight and tried to load it back in to run after dark. SC crashed every time after loading it.
Attachments
sharpcaperror.JPG
sharpcaperror.JPG (176.28 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
chongo228

Re: 3.3.7146 sequencer error

Post by chongo228 »

Another one.
Attachments
SCerror2.JPG
SCerror2.JPG (257.67 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

I also got this twice. Both times It got to the autofocus section of the sequence. Autofocus worked when the camera was in live mode. I had to make step 1 "put into still mode" or the sequencer would crash if I was in the middle of a looping frame when the sequence started.

To work around it-I just put it in live mode right before the autofocus sequence and then put it back in still mode. Perhaps the autofocus step should automatically go to still mode?
Attachments
SCerror3.JPG
SCerror3.JPG (250.24 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for taking the time to report these – could you share the sequencer files that cause the problems? That's by far the easiest way for me to be sure I get exactly the same set up as you have. The last one looks like it should be fairly easy for me to try out, but the first two may be harder to track down without the sequencer files.

Cheers, Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Attached are the sequences I tried to load.

To clarify SC crashed about six or eight times last night due to three different causes.

1- Loading the attached files into the sequencer. These were the only two files I had to load so I don't know if one built differently might have worked.
2- When I would "load camera profile ________" it would say that a exposure was in progress, sequencer aborted or finished, and then crash. I got
around this by adding "put camera in still mode" in the previous step
3- Autofocus worked great until I had the camera in still mode. Then It would lock my computer and the keyboard and mouse wouldn't respond as you can see in post number three. I got around this by putting the camera back in live mode before running autofocus.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
Testshort.scs
(399 Bytes) Downloaded 59 times
2600_2minexp.scs
(415 Bytes) Downloaded 57 times
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Two more things to add that I noticed during this sequence....

1-I ran the "autofocus offset" step and it moves outwards in the positive direction. I couldn't find a way to change this. From what I read you always want to autofocus with the draw tube moving inwards. Is there an option to change this other than reversing my focuser motor in the ascom options?

2-When In still mode the camera temperature info is missing in the bottom display of SC. Is the cooler still active between exposures in still mode?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the extra info ... I have now fixed

* cooler stats missing
* load failures
* autofocus direction (now has start and end points to scan - can be in either order and it will follow the order provided)

I can't get the autofocus freeze to happen myself - maybe I had already fixed it. In any case I have added more info to the sequencer log to show what the autofocus is doing and improved chances for cancellation if you press 'stop'. If it still happens I will look again.

On the profile loading and other things that work/do not work in still/live mode, I have put in more checks against invalid sequences - for instance loading a profile while the camera is capturing is an error and will now fail *before* trying to load the profile. In these cases please let me know which issues you can still make happen in the upcoming new version.

cheers,

Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

I downloaded 3.3.7.190 earlier today so I'm up to date.

I see the start and end in the focuser offset position but I can't flip or change them. The start offset position will only go negative and the end will only go to a positive number. The arrow is blanked out to move the numbers the other way so it will still only one way.

The other errors seem to be fixed now. I was able to load profiles and the focuser tool without going in and out of still/live mode.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I forgot to fix the limits on the values for that step, sorry, will do it now.

If you use the other autofocus step (the one that takes absolute values, not offsets) then you should be able to set the opposite direction.

cheers,

Robin